Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What helps me and motivates me to lose weight

There are a few things that help me and motivate me to lose weight.  They are:

  • Fitbit
  • My Fitness Pal
  • Hip Hop Abs
  • Anytime Fitness
  • Eating Healthy and Juicing
The Fitbit

The Fitbit is an amazing device. It is this little itty bitty device that tracks how active you are. It tracks how many steps you take, how many miles you walk, how many stairs you climb, and the best part how many calories you burn throughout the day. This device is one of the most accurate devices on the market along side the body bug. This device connects to your computer. You then have a dashboard that keeps track of all the calories you burn etc. You also can view it on the Fitbit. You have the ability to track foods and workouts too but I use another device for that.

My Fitness Pal

The My Fitness Pal website is a site that helps you track everything that you eat throughout a whole day. It lets you set up how many calories you want to take in per day ( I take in 1200). I have found this to be the most accurate site according to the foods that you can log in. A great thing about this is that it actually links to the Fitbit and you can view everything on either My Fitness Pal or the Fitbit dashboard.  Sometimes I use My Fitness Pal to track my workouts but they do not recognize my workout programs from Team Beach Body so I use another site.

Hip Hop Abs/ Team BeachBody



I was NEVER the type of person to actually do a workout  video. I felt like I didn't have the patience to  stand infront of a tv screen and work out. Well, I was COMPLETELY wrong! As I said before, I was introduced to Team BeachBody by my cousin. I was currently enrolled in a gym so I figured I would go to the gym and do Hip Hop Abs on the side so I could work my stomach muscles. The first day I did the workout, I was amazed. It was so much fun and it kicked my butt! I couldn't believe that I use to think work out videos were boring and I didn't have the patience for them. I started to do some workouts with my cousin thats associated with the Turbo Fire program with Chalene Johnson. I fell in love again. These videos just keep you going. They are up beat and you get an AMAZING workout. Plus, you see RESULTS! Now this lead me to become a Team BeachBody coach. My goal is to continue my journey by helping others with their weight loss. Click to learn more about the Team BeachBody Programs!

Anytime Fitness

All I have to say about this gym is that it is AMAZING. Every branch ( I almost been to all of them in RI) are very neat and clean. There is no competition and the trainers are awesome. I suggest this place to everyone. The machines that they have are amazing. I have been to a few other gyms and nothing compares to them. I look forward going there everyday!

Eating Healthy and Juicing

Eating healthy is just as important as working out. They go hand and hand. I know you are probably saying "I am not going to live my life counting calories and measuring what I eat" but if you are ready to have a healthy life style and be fit you should at least try and do this just a little bit. I am not saying go crazy, just adapt it to your life. This is a lifestyle change, you need to be committed! So, figure out how many calories you want to consume a day. I pick 1200 because thats the lowest you could go and I still eat a good amount of food. There are ways you can figure out (online) how much your calorie intake should be. If you are iffy, then go to your doctor. Always make sure you have 3 meals a day and at least 2-3 snacks. Consume LOTS and LOTS of water! Fruits and vegetables are a key factor in losing weight. You need to get as much as you can in your system a day since our bodies require the nutrients to function properly. I am not a big vegetable fan so me and my boyfriend invested in a juicer. Oh how I LOVE my juicer. I suggest a juicer to anyone who isn't a big fruit or veggie fan because you just mix different types of fruits and veggies together and they taste delicious! Sometimes its better to drink them then actually sit there and try to eat them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! Tell us how you feel =D